Important Forms and Travelling Information


Contact your personal travel agent for flights to: Edmonton, Alberta. Before booking your flight, be sure to check the airline regulations for transporting trophies, meat and hunting gear.


Wildlife Identification Number (WIN)

WIN is required to purchase hunting and sportfishing licences in Alberta. A WIN number is valid for five years from the date of purchase and costs $8.56. here to complete the online WIN application and purchase the WIN card. Upon submission, a plastic WIN card with your WIN number on it will be mailed to you in 4 weeks. Be sure you give yourself enough time to receive your card before you arrive for your hunt.


Firearms Declaration Form

The Non-Resident Firearms Declaration (Form CAFC 909), and its continuation sheet (Form CAFC 910 ) must be presented in triplicate, unsigned, to a customs officer at your first point of entry into Canada. Please fill out form in triplicate but do not sign until you are with a Canadian customs agent. Handguns are not allowed in Canada.

Form #1   RCMP 5589 / CAFC 909

Form #2  RCMP 5590 / CAFC 910

Always carry a copy of your hunting contract for proof of your hunt if asked by customs.

Follow website link and scroll down to appropriate form#

If you are flying into Edmonton International, Pre-processing of the Non-Resident Firearm Declaration is available. Please contact Customs officials ahead of time at Edmonton International Airport, Alberta Phone : (780) 890-4300 Fax : (780) 890-4309 for details of the process.


Customs – Border Crossing

U.S. residents and clients from other countries travelling through the United States and coming to Canada please note that Passports are required for entry back into the United States as well as into other countries. Passports are Required.

All non-Canadians coming to Canada from other countries must comply with Canadian immigration rules and regulations regarding legal admission to Canada regardless of intention or reason for coming to Canada. Contact the U.S. Fish & Game Department to obtain up-to-date information on regulations.


Persons who are inadmissable to Canada


Even a D.U.I. will prevent travel to Canada

Apply for a Temporary Resident Permit for hassle free border crossing into Canada

For a free Consultation Please call:



Lucy Perillio

Phone: (204) 488-6350 Fax: (204) 975-0394

U.S. Toll Free 1-800-438-7020

103- B Scurfield Blvd.

Winnipeg, MB Canada R3Y 1M6



Check the Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) Web site for information about entering Canada.


Leaving Canada

U.S. Black Bear Hunters – A CITES export permit is no longer required for U.S. hunters to take their black bear hunting trophy home in a fresh, frozen or salted condition at the conclusion of their hunt. The trophy must be part of the accompanying baggage of the hunter who killed the animal. This exemption does not apply to taxidermized trophies. All provincial export requirements still apply (see Alberta Export Permit section) and the trophy and documentation must be presented to Customs at the border when the hunters exit. Only the following parts of black bear may be exported: red meat, the hide with claws still attached, the head or skull with teeth attached, but no other parts. Alberta prohibits the export of the gall bladder or paws of black bear. Note that the CITES permit exemption for fresh black bear trophies applies only to U.S. hunters returning home and not to other hunters. An individual must not sell or dispose of the black bear within 90 days after the date on which the CITES exemption is claimed.

Other circumstances for Black Bear: Claws of black bear may not be exported from Alberta if they are separated from the whole skin. Partial skins of black bear that are processed (tanned or otherwise permanently preserved), black bear skulls with teeth attached (when not being accompanied by the hunter returning home as described above) or taxidermized black bear skins may still be exported but only under a provincial export permit with a CITES permit. A black bear skin that is not part of a returning hunter’s baggage may still be shipped but requires both provincial and CITES export permits.